1. You can join anytime, but don't start reading your books before January 1, 2010.
2. This challenge is for 2010 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2010.
3. When you sign up with Mr. Linky, use the direct link to the post where your challenge book list will be listed, not your blog homepage. If you don't have a blog, just leave the URL blank.
4. The goal is to read 1 cat book per month for a total of 12 for the year. This can be any book with "cat" in the title or about cats (cats as characters, etc.).
5. These can be audiobooks, children's books, non fiction, mysteries, whatever, as long as it's cat related.
And so, without further ado, and since I just found out about this challenge and it's already July, here's my list of cat books that I've read so far in 2010: (and I hope supernatural cats count, too!)
1. Stray (Werecats, Bk 1) :: Rachel Vincent
2. Rogue (Werecats, Bk 2) :: Rachel Vincent
3. Pride (Werecats, Bk 3) :: Rachel Vincent
4. Prey (Werecats, Bk 4) :: Rachel Vincent
5. Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat :: Gwen Cooper
6. Shift (Werecats, Bk 5) :: Rachel Vincent
7. Frost Moon by Anthony Francis
8. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
9. Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck
10. CLEO: The Cat Who Mended a Family by Helen Brown
11. A Snowflake In My Hand by Samantha Mooney
12. Barely Bewitched by Kimberly Frost
What an Animal III Reading Challenge
I came across this Reading Challenge while browsing my fellow blogger's posts, and of course I just HAVE to sign on to participate! Hosted by Yvonne of Socrates' Book Reviews, the rules of this challenge are:
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from March 1, 2010 to February 28, 2011. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like). You can still sign up after March 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by February 28, 2011 ;o).
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
So, now, here's my list:
1. Shift by Rachel Vincent
2. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
3. Cleo: The Cat Who Mended a Family by Helen Brown
4. A Snowflake in My Hand by Samantha Mooney
5.Barely Bewitched by Kimberly Frost
Of course, being the crazy cat lady that I am, it shouldn't take me anywhere close to a year to complete this challenge, but I just couldn't resist this opportunity to promote a reading challenge that is all about our furry, finned, and feathered friends!