from Jenai at Bookingly Yours
To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award (done!), answer the following 10 questions (done!), and pass it along to 6 other blogs (done!). :)
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous, do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I blog anonymously in order to preserve the privacy of myself and my family. When I first started blogging, I did not do so anonymously, and after an enterprising hacker was able to access some of my personal information just months after I began blogging, I regretted using my real identity fairly quickly. Of course, I have many, many friends and family members who follow my blog and know who I am, but I feel much more secure now using my CCL alias.
2.Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:
I would say not letting the above incident stop me from blogging definitely showed my stubborn side!
3.What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
A middle aged woman whose clothes are always covered in cat hair! LOL!
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Long, bath-salt or bath-bomb scented soaks in my garden tub/jacuzzi with a good book and a cold drink.
6.Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
I want to help both of my daughters realize their full potential and accomplish THEIR life goals. And to hold my future (waaaay-future!) grandchildren in my arms and watch them grow up, too!
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?
I was the "scholarship kid" at an elite prep school, so I spent most of my time studying and then racing to my after-school jobs.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?
The tears in my husband's eyes and the huge grin on his face when he told me "It's a girl!" when our older daughter was born. AND seeing that same exact expression on his face again when our younger daughter was born!
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I tend to "talk" too much, so I have to actually be careful to keep focused on topic and NOT blab on about myself!
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I. am. so. definitely. NOT. a. phone. person!!! Or a TV person, or a loud music person, or a "social butterfly" kind of person. I definitely prefer silence and solitude and the company of a good book or my family.
I pass this award to:
1. Momma Told Me
2. MoonCat Farms Meanderings
3. My Life With Rats and More...
4. Puss Reboots
5. Emmy's Boos and Rawrs
6. Evoluchun's Misc. Blog
Thank you, once again, Jenai, for sharing this lovely award with me!
from Traci at Traci66
2. Link to the person from whom you received this award and thank them (done!)
3. pay it forward to 15 more blogs (done!)
4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are "One Lovely Blog"! (done!)
1. Along for the Ride
2. Between the Lines
3. Bookend Diaries
4. Butterfly Feet Walking on Books
5. Carol's Prints
7. I Have a Dream
8. Jamerican Spice
9. Katt Food
10. Lunches Fit for a Kid
11. My Reading Room
12. Reading Angel
13. Socrates' Book Reviews
14. The Literary Gato
15. What Book Is That?
The criteria for accepting The Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. (done!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself (done!)
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic. (done!)
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award. (done!)
So, seven things about me:
1. My birthday is this month!
2. I am addicted to cookies, cakes, and pastries
3. I like making crafts but can't sew to save my life
4. I love otters, hummingbirds, and cats
5. I am not a morning person...at all!!!!!!!!
6. I LOVE Renaissance Fairs
7. I'm half Irish and half German
The Chosen Ones:
1. A Few of My Favorite Things
2. Astonishing Handmade
3. Badass Bookie
4. Bags, Books, and Bon Jovi
5. Book Bookie
6. Books at Midnight
7. Bridgette's Boutique's 411
8. Bury the Castle
9. Busted Plumbing
10. Children Teaching Mama
11. CrAzY HoUsE
12. Emeraldfire's Bookmark
13. Live, Love, Laughter, Laurie
14. Never Fading Wood
15. Rex Robot Reviews
Thank you, Kate, for passing this award on to me!