Thursday, September 30, 2010

September Awards for Crazy Cat Lady's Library!

Crazy Cat Lady's Library has been blessed with 3 more awesome awards this month, in addition to the Cherry on Top Award received back on September 6th from Joann at Joann's Best! I am going to list them here in the order they were received:
9/13: The Life is Good Award
from Jenai at Bookingly Yours

To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award (done!), answer the following 10 questions (done!), and pass it along to 6 other blogs (done!). :)

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous, do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I blog anonymously in order to preserve the privacy of myself and my family. When I first started blogging, I did not do so anonymously, and after an enterprising hacker was able to access some of my personal information just months after I began blogging, I regretted using my real identity fairly quickly. Of course, I have many, many friends and family members who follow my blog and know who I am, but I feel much more secure now using my CCL alias.

2.Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:

I would say not letting the above incident stop me from blogging definitely showed my stubborn side!

3.What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

A middle aged woman whose clothes are always covered in cat hair! LOL!

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Fresh-squeezed lemonade!

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Long, bath-salt or bath-bomb scented soaks in my garden tub/jacuzzi with a good book and a cold drink.

6.Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I want to help both of my daughters realize their full potential and accomplish THEIR life goals. And to hold my future (waaaay-future!) grandchildren in my arms and watch them grow up, too!

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?

I was the "scholarship kid" at an elite prep school, so I spent most of my time studying and then racing to my after-school jobs.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?

The tears in my husband's eyes and the huge grin on his face when he told me "It's a girl!" when our older daughter was born. AND seeing that same exact expression on his face again when our younger daughter was born!

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I tend to "talk" too much, so I have to actually be careful to keep focused on topic and NOT blab on about myself!

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

I. am. so. definitely. NOT. a. phone. person!!! Or a TV person, or a loud music person, or a "social butterfly" kind of person. I definitely prefer silence and solitude and the company of a good book or my family.

I pass this award to:

1. Momma Told Me
2. MoonCat Farms Meanderings
3. My Life With Rats and More...
4. Puss Reboots
5. Emmy's Boos and Rawrs
6. Evoluchun's Misc. Blog

Thank you, once again, Jenai, for sharing this lovely award with me!

9/20: The One Lovely Blog Award
from Traci at Traci66

The criteria for accepting the One Lovely Blog Award are:

1. Add the logo to your blog. (done!)
2. Link to the person from whom you received this award and thank them (done!)
3. pay it forward to 15 more blogs (done!)
4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are "One Lovely Blog"! (done!)

1. Along for the Ride
2. Between the Lines
3. Bookend Diaries
4. Butterfly Feet Walking on Books
5. Carol's Prints
6. Catladyland
7. I Have a Dream
8. Jamerican Spice
9. Katt Food
10. Lunches Fit for a Kid
11. My Reading Room
12. Reading Angel
13. Socrates' Book Reviews
14. The Literary Gato
15. What Book Is That?
Thank you, Traci, for sharing this award with me!

9/26: The Versatile Blogger Award

The criteria for accepting The Versatile Blogger Award are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. (done!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself (done!)
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic. (done!)
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award. (done!)

So, seven things about me:

1. My birthday is this month!
2. I am addicted to cookies, cakes, and pastries
3. I like making crafts but can't sew to save my life
4. I love otters, hummingbirds, and cats
5. I am not a morning person...at all!!!!!!!!
6. I LOVE Renaissance Fairs
7. I'm half Irish and half German

The Chosen Ones:

1. A Few of My Favorite Things
2. Astonishing Handmade
3. Badass Bookie
4. Bags, Books, and Bon Jovi
5. Book Bookie
6. Books at Midnight
7. Bridgette's Boutique's 411
8. Bury the Castle
9. Busted Plumbing
10. Children Teaching Mama
11. CrAzY HoUsE
12. Emeraldfire's Bookmark
13. Live, Love, Laughter, Laurie
14. Never Fading Wood
15. Rex Robot Reviews

Thank you, Kate, for passing this award on to me!

13 comments:

Rex Robot Reviews said...

Thank you and congrats :)

pussreboots said...

Thank you for the award.

Kel said...

Congrats on your awards!!! And thanks for thinking I have a lovely blog! I appreciate it!

toryaslim822 said...

Thanks for the award!

C's mamma said...

Thanks! My 1st award!

1. I'm allergic to cats
2. I made my 1st meatloaf yesterday, and it was good lol
3. I'm addicted to facebook
4. I'm a new blogger
5. My kids are my life
6. I love fall
7. I can't wait until winter!

Emily said...

Thank you for the award!:D

JamericanSpice said...

Congrats on your lovelies and thank you for sharing! :) I'll add to my blog

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Congrats on all your awards, my dear! So good to learn more about you. What a terrible experience having your information hacked into like that. It must be so unnerving!

Thank you, though, for passing the Lovely Blog award on to me. You are so kind, and I'm so flattered!

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

Congratulations! And thank you for thinking of me to share one with.

Jules

Yvonne said...

Congrats to you and thanks for my award. How sweet of you to think of me!

katsrus said...

Congrats on your awards.
Sue B

Joann said...

Congrats on all your awards and all the prizes you've won! You are soo deserving! See, even if your not a social butterfly, you are definitely well liked!!
jbdownie5@yahoo.com

Crazy Cat Lady said...

Aw, everyone, you are making me blush! Such sweet, kind words from all of you! I so blessed to have found this awesome online community of friends!

Hugs to all!
CCL

 
Custom blog design by Adori Graphics