Monday, September 13, 2010

BLOGMANIA EXTRA ENTRY OPPORTUNITY (AND A 10% OFF OFFER) ~ SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT: LA BERGE

Today's Sponsor Spotlight features Nancy from LaBerge and WatercolorByMuren! Nancy is offering a 7.6"x9.6" Back Kitty "High Hopes" Watercolor Print on 100% Cotton to a lucky CCLL Blogmania winner!


You can see the entire lineup of goodies I have confirmed for the upcoming Blogmania event on September 15-16 by clicking THIS LINK!

And now some Q&A time with Nancy:

1. Tell me a little about yourself.

I love color and light and I love to paint. I raised 4 children who are all starting out on their own happy and very creative lives and the time I spent being creative with them and my husband was very fun.

2. What was your inspiration for opening your own online shop?

I have spent quite a lot of time showing in galleries, juried art fairs, etc... those venues are a lot of work with very few people actually seeing your art. Etsy has such a large audience that it is much more likely that someone interested in your kind of art will see it and buy it. Also, I do not have to give 50% of my sale to the gallery owner or pay to set up a booth, so my savings can be passed on to the buyer, making my etsy shops much more affordable.


3. Where did the names of your online shops come from?

I have three shops. The first one I opened was laberge.etsy.com. Laberge is my childhood name and it is so pretty and artistic, who could give it up? My second shop is WatercolorByMuren.etsy.com. Muren is my husband's childhood name and many people know me by that name and it is shorter. I also wanted the names to indicate what you would find if you went to my sites. My third shop is ByHeart.etsy.com, and it sells Vintage items. I wanted people to be able to easily remember this one's name and to know that I put my heart into this site.

4. What kind of products do you sell?

Laberge.etsy.com sells cute watercolor prints and original watercolors of mostly animals. WatercolorByMuren.etsy.com sells more fine art. I had to separate the two because they were very different and took away from each other's strengths when sold together. Also, on ByHeart.etsy.com, I sell vintage items. When I need to relax I go to thrift stores and look for the most unusual thing I can find. Etsy gives me a place to sell these things because my house is getting full!


5. What product(s) are your best sellers?
I am having the best luck with originals. They are barely in the shop for a week, and the sell more often than not. It is hard to keep up with that because I like detail, and watercolor has to go on layer by layer with each layer drying before the next, so painting with watercolor is very time consuming.

6. Do you sell specific items that you would recommend for the upcoming fall and winter holidays?

Portraits are very popular for the fall and winter holidays . I can make a portrait of a loved one, pet, child, car, etc... all original. For smaller gifts I sell pocket mirrors with my cat illustrations and packages of playing cards with any illustration from either of my watercolor sites. And of course, vintage items are fun because they can bring back memories or they can become converation pieces.


7. Any new and upcoming additions to your current list of products?

I will be adding more originals and prints!
8. Anything else you would like to share with my readers about your shops or your items?

I have painted hundreds (maybe even over a thousand) of original paintings and I have done quite a bit of commissioned work . Feel free to contact me if you have a picture you would like me to capture in watercolor for you or someone special!


And now for a fabulous special offer from LaBerge and WatercolorByMuren, exclusively for CCLL readers!

Nancy is offering 10% off on any small or large print in laberge.etsy.com or WatercolorByMuren.etsy.com! All you have to do is mention you saw her Sponsor Spotlight on Crazy Cat Lady's Library when you place your order!!! So please pop on over to LaBerge and WatercolorByMuren, take a look at all the fabulous goodies Nancy has for sale, and maybe you will find that perfect something you have been looking for!

And as a special incentive to visit Nancy's shops, I am offering the opportunity for you to gain some extra entries into my upcoming Blogmania giveaway!!! Simply go to either LaBerge OR WatercolorByMuren (although I would recommend checking them both out!) and heart it as a favorite to get one extra entry. And if you see something you just have to have, go ahead and buy it, because that will give you 5 more extra entries! Of course, you have to follow CCLL also, but that's easy-peasy, too ~ the Google Friends Connect boxes in my right sidebar are easy to find, and you only have to pick one or the other! Then just fill out the form below to have your extra entries counted!

Blogmania Extra Entry Form (click here)

Stay tuned for more Sponsor Spotlights, coming soon!

Hugs~

CCL

2 comments:

katsrus said...

So many beautiful paintings. Of course I love the cat ones.
Sue B

Nancy said...

Thank you so much crazy cat lady! this is wonderful:>X)

 
Custom blog design by Adori Graphics