Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BLOGMANIA EXTRA ENTRY OPPORTUNITY (AND 10% OFF ANY PURCHASE OFFER!) ~ SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT: SCRIVENER'S RETREAT

Today's Sponsor Spotlight features Natalie from Scrivener's Retreat! Natalie is offering one of her Purple and Pink Kitty Friend Stuffed Animal Toys to a lucky CCLL Blogmania winner!




You can see the entire lineup of goodies I have confirmed for the upcoming Blogmania event on September 15-16 by clicking THIS LINK!

And now some Q&A time with Natalie:

1. Tell me a little about yourself.

My name is Natalie. I currently own five ferrets and have owned these pets for about four years. I live in North Las Vegas with them and my boyfriend and have a full-time job as well as my small business. When I'm not sewing, I like to kiss the ferrets, watch Futurama, or cook.

2. What was your inspiration for opening your own online shop?

I remember looking online for ferret toys and being disappointed with the selection. I had almost everything categorized as a ferret toy, but I wanted something new and exciting for my kids. Ferrets get bored with their toys and like to see new and different things. Since everything online was either boring, something I already had, or too expensive for me, I decided to try to sew some toys. I had been sewing by hand for years, so I picked up a book on simple patterns, got some fleece and felt (which I don't use anymore), and started creating.

3. Where did the name of your online shop come from?

My first ferret was named Bartleby. I got this name from "Bartleby, the Scrivener" by Herman Melville. It's a short story I read in college, and the name Bartleby sounded English and dignified to me. I love male pets with nineteenth-century names. Scrivener was one of my ferret's nicknames, and a business called Scrivener's Retreat seemed like it would stand out for having an unusual name.

4. What kind of products do you sell?

I sell handmade fleece pet toys as well as cotton crinkle tunnels and crinkle sacks.


5. What product(s) are your best sellers?

People really like my rats, mice, and colorful penguins. I also get a decent number of requests for custom ferrets made to look like one a customer owned.

6. Do you sell specific items that you would recommend for the upcoming fall and winter holidays?

I have a Naughty Devil Penguin that I promote for Halloween. I don't really do holiday themes much because after the season, I don't like to be left with overstock. People generally buy any product at any time of the year.

7. Any new and upcoming additions to your current list of products?

I am working on a plastic bottle wrap. This will be a fleece bottle protector for those dogs who like to chew empty plastic bottles. It makes playing with plastic safe because any peice they break stays inside the wrap, and it's a fun way to recycle.


8. Anything else you would like to share with my readers about your shop or your items?

I am very careful to be conservative when I make my products. I use as much of a cut of fabric as possible and use quality stuffing. I also operate in an earth-friendly home with CFL bulbs throughout and use recycled packaging. Any time I need to conduct business via automobile (trips to post office, craft shows, sales calls), I use a hybrid car. Protecting the environment is very important to me, and although I cannot use recylced fabric without increasing the cost of my toys tremendously, I still strive to operate an earth-friendly busines.

(And Crazy Cat Lady would like to add that you can also visit Scrivener's Retreat's
website, blog page, zibbet shop, or facebook page as well as their etsy shop for more information about ferrets and Scrivener's Retreat!)

And now for a fabulous special offer from Scrivener's Retreat, exclusively for CCLL readers!

Natalie is offering 10% off any purchase!!! All you have to do is type "CCL blog" in the Message to Seller spot at Checkout on Etsy, and Natalie will then refund 10% of your purchase price through paypal! So please pop on over to Scrivener's Retreat, take a look at all the fabulous goodies Natalie has for sale, and maybe you will find that perfect something you have been looking for!

And as a special incentive to visit Natalie's shop, I am offering the opportunity for you to gain some extra entries into my upcoming Blogmania giveaway!!! Simply go to Scrivener's Retreat and heart it as a favorite to get one extra entry. And if you see something you just have to have, go ahead and buy it, because that will give you 5 more extra entries! Of course, you have to follow CCLL also, but that's easy-peasy, too ~ the Google Friends Connect boxes in my right sidebar are easy to find, and you only have to pick one or the other! Then just fill out the form below to have your extra entries counted!

Blogmania Extra Entry Form (click here))

Stay tuned for more Sponsor Spotlights, coming soon!

Hugs~

CCL

No comments:

 
Custom blog design by Adori Graphics