Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life will never be the same again...*SIGH*

My younger daughter is attending her high school freshman orientation today. Both of my babies are in high school now. I still have no idea where the time went these past 15-plus years! Both of them grew up way too quickly! It seems like yesterday that I had 2 in diapers and carseats and all the other paraphenalia that accompany infants and toddlers...

And while younger daughter was busy seeing all her friends again after a long summer vacation and learning all about high school, I took my older daughter, who is a sophomore this year, to get her driver's permit at the DMV. Then I let her drive us home. She's had some (minimal) driving experience already moving our vehicles in and out of our driveway andin an empty parking lot just driving up and down the aisles, but this was her first real "on-road" experience. She was very reluctant to get behind the wheel until I backed the big green monster (our Pontiac SV6) of its parking space, but then we switched places and she managed to follow the rules of the road, stay in lane, and get us safely home in one piece. I'm very proud of her! My nerves, on the other hand, are still a bit shaken! LOL!

Life as we knew it is forever changed now!

Hugs~
CCL

4 comments:

Reese M. said...

Just stopping by on my first Book Blogger Hop! Cute blog! I'm a crazy cat lady too, so it's sort of a given that I'll be following you. :)

Have a lovely weekend!

~ Reese M.
http://bibliophilegirl.blogspot.com

TheBookGirl said...

I found you through Blog Hop Friday (my first one)...
I hear you about time flying by...my child is headed off to college in the fall and I still can't figure out how that happened already :)

Please stop by if you have a chance..

rbclibrary said...

Just hoppin by. My baby is a senior this year and we take my little girl off to college on Monday. My oldest is in his 3rd year in college. I know where you're coming from! Just thinking about it makes me tear up! :(

Kathy said...

Just Hopping by!Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I'm returning the favor.
My oldest is starting HS on Wednesday... ACK! I'm not ready for this!
BTW... we have three cats... Henry, Daisy and Seven.

 
Custom blog design by Adori Graphics