Thursday, August 19, 2010

BLOGMANIA EXTRA ENTRY OPPORTUNITY ~ SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT: CRAB APPLE DESIGNS

My very first Sponsor Spotlight features Melissa from Crab Apple Designs! Melissa is offering one of her Vintage Kitten Notebooks to a lucky CCLL Blogmania winner!




You can see the entire lineup of goodies I have confirmed for the upcoming Blogmania event on September 15-16 by clicking THIS LINK!

And now some Q&A time with Melissa:

1. Tell me a little about yourself.

People describe me as shy and creative, and most of the time I agree with them on both counts (but not always!). Without a doubt, I am a lifelong crafter with a passion for paper, fabric, and the beach. I was born in New Orleans and have lived all over the south. I was married in August of this year and am living in newly-wedded bliss with a very special man and our little dog Lucy.

2. What was your inspiration for opening your own online shop?

Crafting was always something I did during the holidays to make gifts, or as a hobby to relax. Once I realized that I was frustrated in my life because my favorite activities were limited to 2 weeks out of the year, I decided to turn my hobby into a business so that I could justify the time and expense of doing what I loved every day.

3. Where did the name of your online shop come from?

At the time that I opened my shop, I was studying Marine Biology, and shoreline ecology in particular. That's where the "crab" part came from. I am also a former classroom teacher who works as an education consultant. So, "apple" was a natural extension of the teacher part of me. The result, "Crab Apple Designs" just had a good sound to it.



4. What kind of products do you sell?

Mostly blank books and journals, but also paper collages, stationery and note cards, and some vintage ephemera and paper and fabric accessories.

5. What product(s) are your best sellers?

My pack of vintage airmail stickers is my biggest seller. Also, my paper doll note cards and owl stickers are popular.

6. Do you sell specific items that you would recommend for the upcoming fall and winter holidays?

I have lots of Back to School themed goodies, and I always have Halloween and Christmas cards as the holidays get closer.

7. New and upcoming additions to your current list of products?

I am working on a line of cards based on prints of my original collages. These include my popular owl collages as well as other colorful scenes. In addition, I am illustrating an owl themed alphabet coloring book that I hope to have ready by Christmas. Finally, I am developing a line of collages that are paper replicas of butterfly collections.


8. Anything else you would like to share with my readers about your shop or your items?

As a former teacher with a science background, I love old books, vintage readers and illustrations, and scientific diagrams. I love to incorporate these materials into my work. I am always working on fresh ideas for my shop. Many of my ideas come from my customers who offer suggestions or give me inspiration when they place custom orders.


And now for a fabulous special offer from Crab Apple Designs, exclusively for CCLL readers!

Melissa is offering 50% off of a printable cupcake themed coloring book (regular price is $10.00)! All you have to do is mention you saw her Sponsor Spotlight on Crazy Cat Lady's Library when you place your order!!! So please pop on over to Crab Apple Designs, take a look at all the fabulous goodies Melissa has for sale, and maybe you will find that perfect something you have been looking for!

And as a special incentive to visit Melissa's shop, I am offering the opportunity for you to gain some extra entries into my Blogmania giveaway!!! Simply go to Crab Apple Designs and heart it as a favorite to get one extra entry. If you see something you just have to have, go ahead and buy it, because that will give you 5 more extra entries! Of course, you have to follow CCLL also, but that's easy-peasy, too! Just fill out the form below!

Blogmania Extra Entry Form (click here))

Stay tuned for more Sponsor Spotlights, coming soon!

Hugs~

CCL

3 comments:

christen. said...

love this blog lady!
keep it up! :D:D

xx, christen
pulpislove.blogspot.com

Tree said...

Stopping by to support a fellow Blogmanian. :) I'm entered!

Kel said...

Thanks for the great post. :)

 
Custom blog design by Adori Graphics